June's Blessing Day











June was blessed by her dad on July 8, 2018! It was such a stressful day trying to get everyone together after church, but it turned out great and Jake did such an amazing job! It was thoughtful, sweet, and just perfect for our little June.

We decided to do her blessing at home, but in Cincinnati, so we could feel tight knit and close with our family. We tried to make it as low key as possible but it's hard to make things stress free and low key with so many family members. I'm not sure if we'll do our next baby's blessing at home, but we'll see. This one went pretty great and my heart was so full as I was listening to Jake!

We got lucky with her taking a nap on Jake at the time that everyone got to the farm and we were ready to start. He gently moved her over to be held by all the men and they all gave her some gentle shakes. As she was waking up, Jake had began talking and I watched June's little eyes moving around at everyone in the circle - looking at her dad, grandpa, great grandpas, and uncles. It was the sweetest thing and I was SO HAPPY she was not crying. It felt like such a win!

I cried, of course, because that's what I do with all things having to do with June. I just hope that she grows up to be confident and happy in her body and in her mind.  I hope she asks questions when she wants answers, stays strong in the Gospel, enjoys trying new things, is eager to learn, and loves on everyone. I have so many hopes for this little girl and I can't wait to continue watching her grow.

Another fun side thing was June got to wear the same blessing dress that her cousins Stella and Lucy wore. It fit her perfectly even though she's a chunky 4 month old girl and I was loving the way she looked in the little bonnet. She is the sweetest girl - I can't believe how lucky we are that we get to be her parents.


No comments