The Time That Hillary Almost Won The Election

There are a few things I feel pretty strongly about, and I'm pretty loud-mouthed about them at times. To name a few of these items I am passionate for: oreo mcflurries, feminism, babies, gay marriage, spaghetti, airplanes, and being kind. There are times when I can keep quiet and not say anything and then there are times, like now, that it would feel wrong to keep quiet.

Last night, Jake and I went to go see a movie while the election results were coming in and I was checking them periodically. It was pretty neck and neck the entire time. I thought, "Oh, Hillary's fine, California's votes haven't come in yet and they have 55!" And then California's came in blue of course, but three other states had come in red. I thought no way. The movie ended around midnight and the results were final. I told Jake, "We aren't having children until he's out of office." (Half joke, half serious).

Eight years ago, I wanted John McCain to win. Four years ago, I wanted Mitt Romney to win. This year, I wanted Hillary Clinton to win. This isn't a crazy switch from republican to democrat nor is it a I'm-Supporting-Hillary-Because-She's-A-Woman move, it's what I feel is right. It's the candidate I feel is the most competent and most deserving. I support a woman who worked her whole life for this campaign, a woman who never gave up, who has the stamina and passion to keep going, and a woman who is undeniably in it for the greater good of America.

I know there are good people who I love and respect that voted for and supported Trump throughout his entire campaign. But I also know that there were things done and said by Trump before, during, and I'm sure after his campaign that I do not agree with and will never be able to justify to myself. Although I hope for the best in Trump's presidency, I will always wonder what Hillary would have done in office, and of course, I will miss the Obamas.

Even though the election is over, I'm still with her.

"To the little girls out there, never doubt that you are powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world."

Some articles I want to remember:

Hilly Klinton
American Tragedy
Girls Can Be Anything


No comments