Jake's 24th Birthday!





It's Jake's 24th birthday!! I'm really grateful neither of us are big on birthdays and birthday gifts, but it's still a big deal that he's taken 24 trips around the sun! A little fun fact that Tracey told me was Jake came on his due date, just like June! I thought that was awesome.

This week, we're being extremely low key, although I'm really tempted to stop at Magelby's and grab some of their amazing chocolate cake. I won't make him blow out candles, but at least we can have some yummy dessert to celebrate his birthday!

This past year with Jake has been the funnest year of my life! His birthday was on Father's Day last year, and even though I was pregnant, I didn't know it yet so we couldn't celebrate. I'm SO grateful this year we have our little girl with us. While our family doesn't feel complete, right now we feel whole and happy.

Jake helps me see the brighter side of things. He helps me stay positive and lively. He consistently has me try new things. He keeps our family active and reminds us of the importance of playing. He works hard and is diligent. He's so loving and sweet with our baby; watching them together is such a joy! He helps me to be more kind. He reminds me of the importance of the little things - like taking 5 minutes to sit on the couch together rather than clean the house after we've been go-go-go all day.

Jake makes everything fun and I'm so glad I'm his wife, and that we get to spend the rest of our years together - cheesiness necessary. :) :) :) 

Love you honey!

No comments