JUNE SAID MAMA!


My baby girl said mama for the first time on the 24th and I was in shock!!

We were just hanging out at home, finishing up some homework. I was sitting at the dining room table while Jake was on the couch. June was crawling around, exploring the living room like she usually does. She likes to explore and play with her toys, but only for about 15 to 20 minutes. Once she's done, she's done. She becomes whiny until one of us picks her up and starts entertaining her a little more.

She started to get whiny and babbling. It sounded like she said mama but I thought noooo, she's too young and I don't try to get her to imitate me that often! But then she did it again and again and again. Jake said, "She's really saying it!" So honestly I let her be a little whiny and cry for a few seconds because I wanted to hear her say it again! 

I was smiling ear to ear. I don't think she knows what she's babbling, but it's so fun to hear her do the "M" sound, and of course, she does it with her tongue out :) As the next couple days have passed, I've noticed she only does it when she's whiny and wants to be picked up. She also will do it when she's crawling to get something, but it's a little farther than she anticipated. When I don't get her out of the car seat fast enough, she just goes mamamamama. Ah, it warms my heart! It's seriously the cutest thing. 

She's just babbling and talking so much more than she has been. Yesterday, I was working in our room while Jake had her out in the living room and I could just hear her saying, "Babaabababababa". You can just tell she's happy when she's babbling and chatting with someone. Our next mission is to get her to say dada! We are so excited she's learning so much, growing so fast, and showing us all her skills. 

No comments