RECENT STUFF!

I haven't taken many pictures lately, or done a whole lot of exciting stuff, but surely there are some things to remember from this week!!

  • We got 4 new Ameraucana chicks last Friday. We got some of the smallest ones in the bunch. One who I call "My Little Sugar" died through the night and I found her Saturday morning. It was pretty heartbreaking! 
  • The other chicks and chickens are all doing great. The three older girls are all laying and roosting in the right spot -- woohoo! The other chicks are all playing keep away with the dumbest things, eating SO much, and I'm about ready to move them out because their chirps are crazy loud!
  • Jake and I spent an hour or so last Saturday cleaning the ENTIRE coop. We had been piling shavings and what not on since we moved in and it was probably 6 or so . . . maybe more . . . inches deep. The girls were making a little nest in the corner, so I thought this might help with them laying in the right place. So we cleaned it all out, put new bedding it, and now they're all laying in the right places! 
  • When we were cleaning the nesting boxes out, I found 2 eggs from Courtney's chickens from probably a year ago, literally. They were blue and pretty. They probably had been frozen for the majority of the time but they honestly didn't look that bad!
  • I pretty much think about having a baby all the time. All the time. 
  • Jake and I have been watching Fixer Upper and it's so good. We also are somehow watching The Blacklist, Dexter, and Hell On Wheels simultaneously. I'm also keeping up with Grey's and This Is Us. I know -- impressive.
  • My sister is coming for a whole week in March! Woohoo. My grandma is coming, too. It'll be fun.
  • In April, we're going to Vegas and staying at an amazing resort with Chris! So pumped -- it'll be perfect right before finals. :)
  • Our house is pretty much complete! There's still a few things we could add, but for the most part, it's looking good.
  • Ralph paid for Jake's truck to be fixed. He's too nice. I don't know what we'd do without him.
  • Jake and I are obsessed with this video, when the little boy says "Girl". Hahaha. It's so funny! Every time we are having a little tiff or anything he'll just say "GIRL" the way the kid does and it's all over.
  • Jake also has this habit of pushing me off the bed right before I'm about to fall asleep or if I'm teasing him. He HATES when I do a lisp or make gross sounds with my tongue and he'll push me off. Or if he thinks I'm being too rude, he pushes me off. It's kind of funny, but mainly for him because when I try to push him off, I can't . . . he's too strong. Hahaha
  • We're also so excited for April because our cousin Hailey is getting married at Provo City Center. She invited us to be IN the sealing with them, which is so special. Not only that, but Jake's family will be coming for it. We're so, so excited!
  • Jake scored the highest grade on one of his soil tests. The professor recognized his name and congratulated him. Jake would never mention that but I think it's pretty fun. :)
  • This weekend is a 3-day weekend! Woohoo! I think we may go to Goblin Valley with some friends but just for a day trip. It'll be fun. :)

No comments