37 week appointment / maternity pictures






We took some maternity pictures this past Saturday! It was FREEZING, but luckily we got some nice weather and sun before the snow hit like crazy on Sunday and Monday. Now it's actually freezing . . . like in the 30s outside and snow on the ground. It's the first time all winter and of course it's right around the time I'd like to be having my baby!?!?! Oh well.

I hit 37 weeks this Tuesday, the 20th! And to me, 37 weeks feels like, okay the baby should be here any day now... In reality I know it's not like that but a girl can dream! I went to my appointment today and the new midwife, Renee, is awesome! I love her. We went over my birth preferences and she made me feel really comfortable and I even felt some relief that a lot of the things I want to happen will be able to happen, assuming everything is going well with the baby. She also mentioned that they won't ask about induction until 42 weeks!! (Oh my lanta I BETTER NOT make it that far. Please hahaha.

Stats from the appointment -


  • i've gained 34 lbs. and I weight about as much as Jake did after he got hit with dengue fever really bad ... holy moly.
  • my blood pressure is great. it was 110/62.
  • Baby's heartbeat was 144 and sounding strong!!! 
  • Fundal height is still measuring a week and a half ahead, at about 38.5 weeks, almost 39. 
  • And they checked my cervix for the first time! I am about half a fingertip length dilated (lol) and my cervix is soft. We are going to start doing 2 EPO pills a night though so hopefully that softness will help the cervix dilate a little more! 

I can tell my family is starting to get excited, especially because my Grandma has started texting me for appointment updates. Pretty funny. I was joking with Lisette that I'll probably have the baby and THEN text my family and say, "Hey guys, had the baby last night. What are you up to?" Hahahaha, they would kill me, but it might be worth it.

Things are going well and I'm feeling good! Our goal this week is to just walk more, be as active as we can even with the snow and cold weather. We also need to be practicing relaxation more often this week too, but we're excited and ready for my body to start transitioning and getting ready for labor!!! 

No comments