35 Weeks Pregnant!!



Holy cow how am I already 35 weeks along?! It's been a really great pregnancy . . . and for that, this week has started to KICK. MY. TRASH. Seriously, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable the majority of the day, but especially when I walk. It's definitely manageable, but it has made me want the baby to come out RIGHT THIS SECOND!

I was talking to my friend Carly today and she said, "If the baby came now, would you guys be ready?" In my opinion... Yes! Haha, we have a crib, clothes, car seat, stroller, wraps, and I have boobs . . . What else do you need?! Haha of course I want this baby to cook for a couple more weeks but I would be totally fine if he/she decided to come right at 38 weeks or something.

As for pregnancy stats:

  • I've gained 28 lbs so far
  • My blood pressure has been good so far! At my last appointment, it was 120/60.
  • Baby's heartbeat has been consistent and strong at 130-140 bpm.
  • Belly is measuring 1 1/2 weeks ahead consistently (has been since I was about 28 weeks)
  • I still sleep pretty good, even though I generally wake up a few times in the night and at least once to go to the bathroom. Jake told me to stop drinking water past 7 pm . . . Not an option?!!
  • My iron is low. Thanks, Mom, for passing that down to me. I have to take slow release iron tablets on TOP OF my prenatal vitamins (roll my eyes). 
  • All of my pants are uncomfortable to wear at this point. I've been wearing dresses this week because squishing my belly in is just not cutting it. People may think I'm dressing up . . . I'm really just trying to hang free underneath.
We still don't have any names decided yet. We have names that we like and that we both agree on, but we're just not sure if they would fit our baby. So I've made the goal to name the baby before we leave the hospital.
The other night we went to dinner with 3 other couples at Makan Makan which is a Malay restaurant just a little north in Sandy. It's so good (especially their egg rolls) but we did family style and I ate way too many different kinds of food . . . all fried. And on top of that, 4 egg rolls! Needless to say that night I did NOT feel good and had a sprite open by my bed while I listened to rainbow relaxation. 

Also, I have to walk down the RB stairs a couple times a week. Yesterday morning, I was walking down and was going kind of slow because at this point, I'm having trouble seeing my feet and the last thing I want to do is fall down the stairs (and apparently pregnant women have their balance / center of gravity a little off). Anyway, I hold on to the railing as I go but I'm not going TOO slow. There were these two girls who were riding my tail and talking so loud right in my ear! I just stopped on the stairs so they could pass me and I heard them comment about how sassy it was that I did that. I just laughed because when they looked back up at me, they could see the reason for my slowness. Just protecting the goods, ladies.

Aside from all of that, I'm feeling really happy with how this pregnancy has been so far! I've been feeling good, sleeping good, and I haven't been as emotional as everyone says they are during pregnancy. These last few weeks, I hope to be in a really good, excited place for natural birth and I'm getting excited for my sisters and mom to be here! These next 5 weeks can FLY BY! 




No comments