Wedding Cake Appreciation Post

Warning: this post is literally about my wedding cake. It's pictures (which I made their original size so you can see everything) of cake and then words about cake. Enjoy.


We had a pretty low budget wedding, especially with getting married in 4 months. We asked Jake's aunt Beth to make the cake (as she had for cousins' previous weddings) and thankfully she said yes! W went with vanilla cake and then raspberry on the inside. That wasn't the tricky part... I told her I wanted a naked cake and she had never done one before! She said she'd try her best.

And did she kill it or what you guys?!?!! Seriously... when I first saw it, I was in awe. She got every single part right, and I only sent her one picture months before! Now I'm curious if she secretly practiced at home ;) But seriously... it was amazing. And it tasted SO GOOD. Like pieces of heaven. 

Jake was trying to find me to introduce me someone later in the night, and he found me by the table eating cake. He joked, "I was trying to find the bride... and of course she's over here eating cake!" Well, joke's on him because he didn't even get a piece and I got 2. Do your wedding right, people.

Thanks Aunt Beth for making this amazing cake. I'm still thinking about it and all of its goodness. 

Quick funny story: Right before we went to cut the cake, Jake told me, "Do NOT smash it in my face! I'm serious!" Apparently he has a sweet wife who listens to him. 

____________________________________________________

All pictures taken by Olivia Leach. My queen, honorary bridesmaid, honorary sister, best friend, lifesaver, knower of all things.


No comments