Lisette's graduation!!!








June and I were able to go on a little trip to Kansas for Lisette's graduation from Kansas State! It was so fun to see my family and for them to be able to see June. It's Jake's family's "turn" for Christmas this year, so it was nice to be able to spend some time with them!

Lisette graduated in Early childhood ed and she's going to be so great. She has worked SO HARD the past couple years, but especially this last year, and I'm so proud of her and I'm glad she's finally done! She decided not to get her master's degree quite yet, so I'm excited that she can come visit us for a couple weeks when June turns 1!!

For the weekend, we all rented the cutest air bnb in Manhattan called the Sunset Cottage. They designed it PERFECTLY, but the only thing they didn't design well is the windows - I think they kept the original windows, because it is DRAFTY in there! Haha holy cow it was so freezing cold at night, I slept with pants, sweatshirt, and socks. I'm glad June is a little heater because I knew she was perfectly warm at night in her fleece pajamas cuddling me.

The whole weekend was so fun. We shopped at Target, ate black raspberry bean dip which is AMAZING and June loved it too! I got to see Carli, Allison, my Grandma and Cassie and all of Lisette's friends got to meet June. She did get a little overwhelmed, but really, she handled it all very well given the situation!! She is very much a mama's girl though and wanted to be by me the whole time which I am fine with! Haha she did let Lisette hold her a few times though because she looks the most like me, of course.

It was a really fun and fast weekend. The sun was shining, it was 40 degrees, and we pretty much just hung out the whole weekend, chatting and catching up with each other. My mom highlighted my hair with a box lol so it's much lighter now which I am liking so far, although it's different - I haven't highlighted my hair in over 2 years!

It'll be fun to watch Lisette's "next steps". And it makes me that much more excited to BE DONE with college!! One class left until I can finally get my degree!

No comments